Employee Wellness Program
2017 Union County Wellness Program
Union County, through CEBCO, provides a Wellness Program to promote employee health and wellness. Union County employees (and applicable spouses) are eligible for a 10% healthcare premium reduction in 2017 for successfully completing the 2016 Wellness Program (County pays 85% and Employee pays 15% of premium cost). Participants are also eligible for prize drawings throughout the year. Be sure to attend county-sponsored events to win!
Create your account now! - Click here for detailed instructions on creating your online wellness account.
Do you need to self-report activities to StayWell? Here are some instructions that may be helpful:
Employees and spouses are encouraged to track wellness activities by completing the 2017 Union County Scorecard . Contact HR for details!
2017 Health Screenings (required activity)
HEALTH SCREENING EVENT: SPRING 2017 Dates:
Thursday, February 9: 7:00 AM – 8:30 AM at 940 London Avenue, Room B
Wednesday, February 22: 7:00 AM – 8:30 AM at 940 London Avenue, Rooms A & B
Wednesday, March 1: 7:00 AM – 8:30 AM at 940 London Avenue, Room B
Wednesday, April 5: 6:30AM – 8:00 AM at the Engineer’s Operations Facility on 16400 County Home Road
- Bring your health insurance card and driver's license with you. Please fast for 12 hours (water and non-supplemental medication is permitted). Light refreshments will be available. No appoitment necessary! For employees on County health insurance (CEBCO), there are no charges. For employees not on County health insurance (CEBCO), charges may be incurred for screening services. Please contact HR for details.
2017 Wellness Program Details
In order to be eligible for the premium reductions in 2017, participants (including spouses) must have successfully completed the 2016 Wellness Program. To complete the Wellness Program, employees AND covered spouses must earn 450 total points, including 2 required activities for 150 points and an additional 300 points. The 2017 program year is from October 1, 2016 - September 29, 2017. Employees hired after June 1 must complete all of the required activities and earn an additional number of pro-rated points by the program deadline, based on their hire date. New employees hired after June 1 should contact HR for eligibility information.
- Wellness Activities and Points Handout click to learn about qualifying wellness program activities and associated points or visit your online wellness portal and click on the "my incentives" tab. For more information about the 2017 Wellness activities, preventive care and health metrics points, CLICK HERE.
- 2017 Wellness Calendar - COMING SOON! click for a summary of wellness programming events that have been scheduled so far for 2017. Community/County events will be added so be sure to check back often for more opportunities to meet your wellness program goals! Click on the links below for event information:
- Walk-With-A-Doc: Free walking sessions offered on select days throughout the year. Exercise physiologists will be available to conduct FREE blood pressure checks. A FREE healthy snack will also be provided! Participation in the Walk with a Doc program would be considered a StayWell Community Event. Participants could earn 25 points per event (up to 50 points may be earned in this category per a program year). CLICK HERE for more details.
- 10K-A-DAYchallenge: Registration has opened and continue until January 31, 2017. The challenge will start February 1, 2017 and run until July 31, 2017. The goal is to reach 1 million steps by July 31, 2017. For more information and logging your steps CLICK HERE.
Memorial Health Wellness Center classes: The Wellness Center is offering over 50 different FREE, 1-hour classes that focus on various health and wellness topics throughout 2017. Participation in three or more of these wellness classes will satisfy the requirements for StayWell’s Community Lifestyle Management program, which will result in 200 wellness points for anyone participating in the County’s Wellness Program! To qualify for wellness points, employees or spouses would need to have a Memorial Hospital representative SIGN the Community Lifestyle Management Verification Form, which is available on the Union County website under the Employee Wellness Program. Completed verification forms must then be submitted to StayWell, as directed on the form. CLICK HERE for a schedule of classes.
Lunch and Learn: The Union County Wellness Committee is holding an educational Financial Wellness event on Tuesday, April 4 and is inviting interested Union County employees and spouses to attend. Brian Panzo, TGPC, CRC, will be the presenter. Brian is a Retirement Plan Counselor for Empower Retirement. He serves Union County as the Ohio Service Center Representative for the CCAO Deferreed Compensation Program. Brian will also be conducting one-on-one financial planning sessions with employees (by appointment) following the training. Please note you do not have to be a participant in the CCAO Deferred Compensation Program to attend. Lunch will be provided! Please RSVP by March 31 by contacting Candace Hunt (email, email@example.com or call 645-3106). Please contact Candace to schedule a private planning session with Brian. Appointment slots are limited and will be reserved on a first-come, first-serve basis. Wellness door prizes will also be available! CLICK HERE for more information,
- StayWell's Community Lifestyle Management programs: There are several opportunities that are available for Union County Employees where 200 points can be earned. In addition, CEBCO participants who successfully complete these programs will be eligible for a partial reimbrusement of the out of pocket cost! CLICK HERE for the Community Lifestyle Management Verification form
- Smoking Cessation Classes: These classes will be offered by Memorial Hospital. It's a 6-week program that begins Thursday, January 12 and costs $35. CLICK HERE for more details.
- Weight Watchers at Work: The Wellness Committee is trying to secure enough participation (a minimum of 15 sign-ups are required) to offer a 12-week Weight Watchers at Work program on the Union County campus! The program will likely be offered near or over the lunch hour at the County Services Building (940 London Ave). The normal cost for this 12-week program is $156.00. However, if we sign up before the end of January, participants will receive a 15% DISCOUNT, bringing the total cost for twelve weeks to $132.60. This needs to be paid at the registration session held in mid-January, and there is an option to write three separate checks that will be cashed the 1st, 5th, and 10th week of the program. Again, we need to have at least 15 people to do this and we need to send names (first name only) of everyone who is interested ASAP to secure a Weight Watchers meeting date/time. The registration session held in January will be informational and anyone can attend that. If you are interested in the Weight Watchers at Work program, please email Brenda Rock at Brenda.Rock@mucouncil.org ASAP!
- PRADCO Community Lifestyle program: The theme this year is, Change Management, and will be run by PRADCO. It is a series of three sessions beginning in April. Each session is will be an hour beginning at 12:00 p.m.. Lunch will be provided! Candace Hunt will be handling the RSVP, so if you are interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 645-3106. Here is the schedule and CLICK HERE for topics at each session.
- Session 1: Monday, April 24, 2017- 12:00-1:00 p.m.
- Session 2: Wednesday, May 17, 2017 - 12:00-1:00 p.m.
- Session 3: Wednesday, June 21, 2017- 12:00-1:00 p.m.
- Not on the County health insurance? Contact Human Resources and learn how you can complete the Wellness Program!
Required Activities - Participants must complete a health risk assessment (75 points) and a health screening (75 points).
- Health Risk Assessment (HRA) - to complete, log-in to your online portal using the link above. The confidential questionnaire will address 13 modifiable health behaviors and will take approximately 10 minutes to complete.
Health Screening - All participants must complete a health screening. This can be accomplished by attending one of the County Health Screening events. Visit your web portal or contact HR for more details?
StayWell is now contracting with an outside firm, Quest Diagnostics, to process their health screenings and Health Care Provider Forms. Memorial Hospital will still conduct on-site health screenings for Union County; however, for anyone who cannot attend an on-site health screening and opts to have their physician complete the Health Care Provider Form (HCPF), please note there are important changes, as outlined below:
WHEN YOUR PHYSICIAN COMPLETES YOUR STAYWELL HEALTH SCREEN
1. You MUST take a pre-populated Health Care Provider Form (HCPF) to your physician for completion. This pre-populated form can only be retrieved from Quest’s website for this current program year, 2017. To print this form, logon to your StayWell portal account and go to the Incentive Tab. From there, click on the Health Screening link and then select the “Health Care Provider Form”. This will automatically redirect you to the Quest website. CLICK HERE for step-by-step instructions. All participants are considered new users and must register using “CEBCO” as the key. Once the HCPF has been completed by your physician, you can return it one of two ways:
• Via the fax number on the form.
• Uploading it to the Quest site using the “upload physician form” button at the top right-hand of the site. CLICK HERE for instructions.
2. The Health Care Provider Form will ask for two signatures this year, the physician’s and yours.