As County Treasurer, one of my main goals is to ensure that residents of Union County receive the highest level of service possible while being a good steward of the taxpayers trust and finances. If you have any questions, comments or concerns please feel free to contact me directly Andrew J Smarra at (937) 645-3085 or by email at email@example.com
As County Treasurer, I am entrusted with the County's finances and am responsible for the daily balancing of the monies in the County's 200+ funds. I am also the County's Investment Officer, managing an average portfolio of $45 million.
I serve on numerous boards as required by the law, including the Data Processing Board, Investment Advisory Board, Board of Revision and the Budget Commission.
Over the years I have seen the County's rapid growth. This growth has caused a tremendous increase in the work load at the office and I am committed to increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of the office's operations.
Duties of the County Treasurer:
- Annual general fund budget just under $180,000
- 3 Full Time employees
- Collect nearly $70 million in real estate taxes (on the average, 70% of these revenues goes to the local schools)
- Chief Investment Officer for the County's $45 million portfolio. Three goals are enforced through our Investment Policy: Safety, Liquidity, Yield
- Cash Manager, maintain & balancing tax payment records on more than 28,000 parcels and all monies collected by other departments
- Balances all funds (200) daily with the County Auditor
- Redeems warrants issued by the County Auditor