The Honorable Donna M. Rausch is serving her second term as the Treasurer of Union County. Prior to her election in office, Donna worked 16 years in the banking industry and 20 years in the Treasurer's Office, serving the last 15 years as the Chief Deputy Treasurer.
As County Treasurer, Donna is entrusted with the county's finances and is responsible for the daily balancing of the monies in the county's 200+ funds. She is also the county's Investment Officer, managing an average portfolio of $45 million.
Mrs. Rausch serves on numerous boards as required by the law, including the Data Processing Board, Investment Advisory Board, Board of Revision and the Budget Commission. My staff and I are here to serve you, the taxpayers of Union County.
During her years as an employee Donna has seen the County's rapid growth. This growth has caused a tremendous increase in the work load at the office and Mrs. Rausch is committed to increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of the office's operations.
Donna currently is serving as a member of the Union County Farm Bureau, member of the Rotary Club of Union County and Vice President of the City Union and Secretary of the Mayflower Circle, both of the International Order of the King's Daughters and Sons.
Donna and her husband Tom reside in Marysville, married for 36 years and have two grown children.
Duties of the County Treasurer:
- Annual general fund budget just under $180,000
- 3 Full Time employees
- Collect nearly $70 million in real estate taxes (on the average, 70% of these revenues goes to the local schools)
- Chief Investment Officer for the County's $45 million portfolio. Three goals are enforced through our Investment Policy: Safety, Liquidity, Yield
- Cash Manager, maintain & balancing tax payment records on more than 28,000 parcels and all monies collected by other departments
- Balances all funds (200) daily with the County Auditor
- Redeems warrants issued by the County Auditor