VA Claim Assistance And Forms
Whether you just recently separated from the military or were discharged years ago. Whether you were served in wartime or peacetime. National Guard or Reservist. Male or Female. It’s never too late to discuss possible federal benefits. We want to talk to you!
The Union County Veterans Service Office advises and assists Veterans and/or their surviving spouses prepare claims or request benefits from the Federal Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
We DO NOT CHARGE for our services, Nor do we receive any bonus as the result of a Veteran or surviving spouse receiving a VA monetary award.
VA determines the outcome of any VA claim.
We advise and assist our clients with the following types of VA claims**:
- Service-connected compensation claims and appeals for injuries, diseases, illnesses incurred while serving in the military. (Veteran only)
- Discharge upgrades (Veteran only)
- Pension claims (non-service connected) and appeals (Veteran only
- Replacement copy of lost discharge papers (Veteran or immediate spouse, surviving spouse, or child of Veteran)
- Replacement medals (Veteran or immediate spouse, surviving spouse, or child of Veteran)
- VA health care enrollment (Veteran only)
- CHAMPVA (for eligible spouse of Veteran)
- Annual Eligibility Verification Reports (Veteran or surviving spouse)
- Housebound and/or Aid Assistance forms (Veteran or surviving spouse)
- Upgrading or correcting a discharge (Veteran only)
- Ohio Veteran’s Home applications (For Veteran only)
- Home Loan Guarantee certificates (Veteran or surviving spouse)
- Death pension (War-time Veteran’s Surviving spouse with low income)
- Dependency & Indemnity Compensation (Surviving spouse if Veteran died from a service-connected disability.)
Burial Benefits for eligible Veterans:
- Grave marker
- Possible burial allowance (amount varies depending on Veterans’ circumstances)
- Burial in National Veterans Cemetery
**These lists are NOT all-inclusive. Go to www.va.gov for detailed information about all possible benefits.
The VA has many rules and regulations concerning a Veteran’s eligibility and documents they require for various claims and services. Our office can help you sort it all out. We will copy, mail and/or fax all documents required to process your request - all at no charge!
Call our Service Officer first to discuss any issue or possible benefit. We’ll let you know what documents are required to begin or further process your claim.