Union County, Ohio

Temporary and Emergency Financial Assistance

We are pleased to offer temporary and emergency financial assistance to “eligible” Union County Veterans or the immediate family of a Union County Veteran.  The Veterans Service Office will review and determine the following:

Eligibility Requirements:

  • Military discharge:  Veteran must meet Character of Service (Honorable or General), time in service, and/or  reason for separation requirements.
  • 3-month county residency prior to application.
  • Financial need:  Based on proof of all income in the household and all household bills in the past 30-days.
  • Veteran’s and/or family’s individual circumstances.

Possible Financial Assistance:

Food, basic utilities, prescriptions, mortgage and/or rent.  Other bills may be considered on a case-by-case basis.   (See the Financial Policy Letter below for possible types and limits of financial assistance.)

Records/documents review required: 

  • All sources of income from past 30 days
  • Household expense records from past 30 days
  • Marriage license
  • Divorce decree (if alimony or child support is paid or received)
  • Birth Certificates for children under 18
  • Mortgage documents to show payment breakdown or principal, interest, escrow
  • Rental agreement
  • Bankruptcy papers (if not discharged)
  • Checking and Savings account statement (most current)
  • Completed Financial Assistance Application
  • Other documents, as required by office staff

Financial Policy Letter  from the Union County Veterans Service Commission.     

Financial Assistance Checklist : Office staff will review the checklist with you so you know what records/documents are required to bring in with you for the review.  


Call for an appointment to schedule a complete financial review.