Honorable Charlotte Coleman Eufinger
Probate Court Judge
Leigh Ann Moots
Chief Deputy Clerk
Court Administrator and Chief Probation Officer
Union County Courthouse
215 West Fifth Street, Room B06
Marysville, OH 43040
937-645-3029 ext. 3443
8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Monday through Friday
Closed on Federal Holidays
The following matters are under the jurisdiction of the Probate Court:
- Wills and Estates
- Land Sales
- Release from Administration
- Estate Tax Papers
- Settlement of Claims for Minors
- Wrongful Death Settlements
- Will Contest
- Will Construction
- Determination of Heirship
- Mental Illness
- Change of Name
- Mental Retardation
- Guardianships (minor and incompetent)
- Presumption of Death
- Summary Release
- Marriage Licenses
- Certified copies of historical birth and death records from 1867 to 1909
Probate Court records are open to the public except for adoptions and mental illness/mental retardation cases, which confidential. Probate Court records have been microfilmed and are indexed in our software program (approximately 30,000 cases). A public terminal is available in the Records Center & Archives (128 S. Main St.) and in the Recorder's Office (233 West Sixth Street). The index begins at 1820 to the present for Probate Records.
The following historical records are available:
Birth & Death Records 1867 to 1909
There is a charge of $3.00 for each birth or death record.
Marriage records 1820 to present
(May 28, 1996 and after on the computer) Charge of $.50 for a photo
copy or $2.00 for a certified copy.
Delayed Registration and Correction of Birth 1941 to the present
- The Probate Court also issues marriage licenses. Requirements are as follows:
- Proof of residence such as a piece of mail, checkbook, utility bill (one party must reside in Union County).
- Divorce/Dissolution Decree for each time divorced OR if widow/widower, a copy of death certificate of spouse(s).
- Proof of age if parties are under 21 years of age.
- Fee of $40.00.
- Both parties must apply for the license at the same time.
- Marriage license is good for 60 days.
Marriage License Application
The Union County Probate Court is no longer a Passport Acceptance Agent.
- Passport applications may be processed at the Post Office in Marysville, Ohio.
- You may also check the website for other acceptance agent locations at www.travel.state.gov