Attorneys and Pro Se (unrepresented) Litigants, please see Local Rules 20 & 21.
RESOURCES FOR HOMEOWNERS IN FORECLOSURE
Homeowners: If you have received a summons from the Union County Common Pleas Clerk of Courts and would like information regarding mediation with your lender, contact Mediation Department Administrative Assistant, Dawn Evans, by phone at 937.645.4175 or by email at email@example.com.
Please note that neither the Mediation Department nor Court staff can provide legal advice. Therefore, if you have legal questions, please consult an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, you may be able to meet with an attorney at the Hope Center Legal Clinic located in Marysville. For more information on the Hope Center Legal Clinic, please call 937.303.4209 or click here.
1. Save the Dream: Ohio's Foreclosure Prevention Effort,” created to “provide[ ] information and highlight[ ] programs … to help save the dream of homeownership[,]” website: http://www.savethedream.ohio.gov/. Save the Dream brochure. ***To determine eligibility for assistance through Save the Dream, please click here.
2. Homeport, an "innovative approach to addressing the housing needs of Central Ohio," the Columbus Housing Partnership, “a private, nonprofit organization that provides … affordable housing and related services to low to moderate income households in Columbus and the surrounding area” website: http://homeportohio.org/.
3. U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) website: http://portal.hud.gov/portal/page/portal/HUD/topics/avoiding_foreclosure ; Website on Tips for Avoiding Foreclosure: http://portal.hud.gov/portal/page/portal/HUD/topics/avoiding_foreclosure/foreclosuretips .
4. Federal Reserve: Foreclosure Resources for Consumers website: http://www.federalreserve.gov/consumerinfo/foreclosure_consumers.htm.
5. Home Affordable Modification Program (HAMP) website: http://www.makinghomeaffordable.gov/.
TENANTS' RIGHTS REGARDING FORECLOSURE
1. Ohio Attorney General's website regarding tenants' rights during foreclosure: http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/FAQ/Foreclosure-FAQs/I-rent-my-home-and-think-my-landlord-is-in-foreclo.aspx .
2. For FAQ's regarding the federal law, Protecting Tenants at Foreclosure Act, please click here.
1. National Low Income Housing Coalition: http://nlihc.org.