During the COVID-19 Emergency,
ALL marriage license applicants should
CALL AHEAD to the Office of the Probate Clerk
at (937) 645-3029 Ext. 3416
and MAKE AN APPOINTMENT.
When you call ahead:
1. Schedule an appointment for both applicants to be present at the Clerk’s Offices with all the following documentation prepared for processing.
2. Via phone, our clerks will verify the contents of the application and discuss whether the documentation you intend to present is sufficient to complete the application.
When you arrive in the Clerk’s Office, please follow the clerk’s directions as to the submission of paperwork and social distancing.
Please read the following requirements to apply for a marriage license. If you do not have all of this documentation, the application cannot be processed and will be delayed until the information is provided.
Both applicants shall appear at the Office of the Probate Clerk and provide ALL the following documentation:
1. A completed Marriage License Application. Print this application, complete the application and bring the hard copy with you.
2. Proof of Residence in Union County, such as a piece of mail, checkbook, utility bill with the name and address of at least one applicant. One applicant must reside in Union County for Union County to process the application.
a. If both applicants are non-Ohio residents, but the ceremony venue is in Union County, please call the Probate Court Clerk's Office for modified requirements.
3. One hard copy of any and all Final Decrees of Divorce or Dissolution issued that terminated any prior marriages for either applicant.
4. One hard copy of any state-certified Death Certificate of a deceased spouse(s), if an applicant is a widow/widower.
5. Government-issued proof of age, such as birth certificate, valid driver’s license, or passport (see R.C. 3101.05 for full list).
6. Fee of $40.00 payable by cash, personal check, cashier’s check or money order.
The marriage license is valid for 60 days.
Probate Court Clerk's Office
Union County Courthouse
215 W. Fifth Street, Room B06
Marysville, Ohio 43040
*If both applicants are non-Ohio residents, but the ceremony venue is in Union County, please call the Probate Court Clerk's Office for modified requirements: (937) 645-3029 ext. 3416.